- We will foster an environment in which integrity, trust, honest communication and respect for people are paramount.
- We will encourage people to learn, innovate and take risks. Through this we will grow as individuals and as an organization.
- We will build strong, enduring relationships with the communities we serve. We will support employee efforts to improve the quality of those communities.
- We will build mutually beneficial relationships with our customers, suppliers, partners and other stakeholders.
- We will maintain a long-term perspective while working every day to improve quality, customer service and operational performance.
Our Six Core Values
Inside Afrika’ unique personality and culture has evolved from the six core values we live by. They define us. They create the norms by which we behave. It is the combination of these core values that distinguishes Inside Afrika from any other company.
- Integrity in All Matters
Our strategic policy on integrity states, “We will be reliable, honest and honorable; people we deal with may count on our word being good and our commitments being met.” Integrity helps build trust, and trust is important for a healthy enterprise.
- Respect for People
Respect all of our stakeholders – employees, customers, suppliers, partners, owners, or the communities in which we operate. This is a key core value of IA enterprise. We have more strategic policies related to the importance of people in our business than any other core value.
- Contributing to the Success of Our Customers
Contributing to the success of our customers ultimately is what business is all about. Our customers are the reason we do what we do. They define our purpose. Our customers must perceive and appreciate the value we deliver for them.
- Risk-Taking, Innovation and Learning
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Progress in business, as in life, is achieved by taking calculated risks, trying new things, and learning from mistakes.
- Long-Term Perspective
Because we are privately held, Inside Afrika’ can think in terms of generations-not just quarter-to-quarter. This means we can strike an appropriate balance between our desire to achieve near-term objectives with our goal of having a growing, healthy enterprise long-term.
- Commitment to Safe Living
We take the welfare of our employees very seriously – at work, at home, and on the road. We are committed to safe living through effective occupational and personal safety programs, wellness initiatives, and continuous management and workforce engagement. Safety is as important as productivity.